Jul 17, 2007

Keith Urban Says Wife Nicole Kidman Put Him in Rehab

Country singer Keith Urban’s sales from his latest CD fell after he checked into rehab and Urban says he has his wife actress Nicole Kidman to thank for it.


Urban checked into the Betty Ford clinic in January for 90 days and credits Kidman who "really took the reins" and steered him towards rehab and some crucial time off, reports The Tennessean.


The rehab stint came amidst promoting his newly released album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing which has sold over 1.7 million copies.

But Urban has no regrets, "Not going in would have cost me my career at the very least, and my marriage would have been gone, anyway," he said. "That real cleansing and surrendering everything is what was really needed for me.”

Oscar-winning actress stood besides Urban, her husband of four months at the time through his recovery.

"I'm never away from my wife for more than two weeks," told the singer who feels like an old man. "I don't want to be.

“And in that old man view, I'm never going to look back and think, 'I wish I'd toured for one more week in July.' That doesn't make any sense. I'm trying to find a quality of life, and that comes with trade-offs and sacrifices and balance. Playing massive stadiums is not going to fill any hole in me."

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment