Jul 15, 2007

Beyonce's 'donate food, meet me' scheme for fans

Pop singer Beyonce Knowles has a new scheme for her fans—donate food for the hungry, and win a chance to meet the superstar.


Beyonce has collaborated with her friend Pastor Rudy Rasmus, a minister in her native Houston in Texas, to launch a food drive before her concert at the Toyota Centre in her hometown on Saturday.

The first 1,000 fans to donate non-perishable foot items will be conferred an autographed picture of Beyonce, and a raffle ticket that may win them a chance to meet the singer.

"Hunger affects every community in the United States, so I'm using my tour and Survivor Foundation to bring attention to domestic hunger,” Music World Entertainment press release quoted Beyonce as saying.

"I'm joining forces with Pastor Rudy and America's Second Harvest - The Nation's Food Bank Network to fight hunger,” she added.

The singer knows how good one feels by helping hapless people, and she wants her fans to have the same experience.

"Reaching out and touching lives is incredibly empowering. That's why I want my fans to experience more than my music this summer. I want them to experience the joy of making a difference by helping someone else," she said.

Beyoncé grew up attending St. John's Church with Pastor Rudy, an urban prophet. He is the author of a new book entitled "Touch: The Power of Touch in Transforming Lives" which profiles his unique brand of faith sharing and radical hospitality and a new music project (the book's soundtrack) entitled "The Pastor Rudy Experience." "I am committed to touching and changing the world... one life at time," Pastor Rudy says.

No comments:

Post a Comment