Jul 13, 2007

Marriage turned Avril Lavigne from 'a tomboy kid to a real woman'

Singer Avril Lavigne has revealed that marriage has transformed her from a tomboy to a real woman.


The Canadian rock sensation, who married Sum 41 singer Deryck Whibley a year ago, admitted that she was a rock chick when she entered the music industry, but added that she has turned into a true woman after tying the knot.

"I've changed a lot over the past five years. I was a very young 17-year-old and I came from a small town. I had different clothes and a different hairstyle. I've gone from being a tomboy kid to being a woman,” the Daily Mail quoted her, as saying.

However, the ‘Complicated’ singer said that despite growing up fast, she hasn’t lost her rock sensibilities, and is still a “crazy” rock chic.

"Everyone can see the changes in me. But underneath I'm the same. I'm not sitting here in a Chanel dress. I wear heels and a dress once in a while, but I still have my rock sensibility,” she said.

"Off stage, I'm actually quite shy. I might get a bit crazy when I'm around my friends, but I'm not a big talker,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment