Jun 10, 2007

Justin Timberlake Signs on Web Phenom Esmee Denters

Justin Timberlake announced today that he has signed on Esmee Denters as the first artist for his label Tennman Records.


People.com reports, 18-year-old Denters struck gold last summer when she recorded, with her we-cam, cover performances of Beyoncé, Alanis Morrisette and Alicia Keys and posted them on her YouTube page.

"In completely unpredicted news to all YouTubers and bloggers, we are proud to announce Esmee Denters has signed to Tennman Records and she will be joining me on tour this summer," Timberlake, 26, said in an announcement Tuesday.

"Esmee is the real deal and I cannot wait for the world to hear her," he says, "but all of her fans on YouTube should not worry ? we will keep you in the loop every step of the way."

The Dutch singer will write and record her first album which will be released later this year.

Starting this month she will also kick off a concert tour in Europe.

"Words can't describe how amazing it is. I am so excited!" Denters says in a statement. "It is something I have always dreamed of doing. I have to thank YouTube and its viewers for giving me the opportunity to show the world my voice. I also have to thank Justin, one of the biggest artists in the world, for believing in me and making my dreams come true."

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment