Oct 30, 2007

Catherine Zeta-Jones denies claims she is anorexic

Catherine Zeta-Jones has denied claims she is anorexic, saying her slimmer figure is down to a healthy diet and exercise.


The Chicago actress, whose dramatic weight loss sparked concern when she appeared at the Beverly Hills' Hollywood Awards earlier this month, insists she isn't suffering from an eating disorder.

Catherine, whose curvy figure has previously attracted many admirers, said: "My husband Michael Douglas was laughing at me. He told me what people had said - that I'm anorexic. Do I look anorexic? How could I ever, ever be anorexic?

"The only reason I have lost a bit of weight is because I'm working out and not eating what I usually eat!"

The 38-year-old Welsh actress - who has two children, seven-year-old Dylan and four-year-old Carys, with Michael - also said Hollywood's obsession with weight is unhealthy.

She told People magazine at the Savannah Film Festival this weekend: "There are many women who are maybe a little fragile when it comes to their weight, and it becomes a huge issue."

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment