May 6, 2007

Beyonce pulls album due to lawsuit

Pop singer Beyonce has been forced to delete a special version of her current album, "B'Day - Deluxe Edition" following legal problems.

The former Destiny's Child singer is in the process of being sued by singer Des'Ree following allegations that she did not get permission to cover a song called "I'm Kissing You" on B Day - Deluxe Edition.
Allegedly a deal to use the song was not finalized, but Beyonce went ahead to re-record the song.
According to MTV, the singer has agreed that her record company would engage in no further distribution of the album or video anthology until at least a preliminary injunction hearing on May 4.
Earlier this year, Beyonce told MTV that the song in question wasn't initially intended for the album.
"It was one of my all-time favorite songs. So I just did it for myself -- a lot of songs, I do like that -- and I let people hear it and they were like, 'You are crazy, you have to put it on the album.' So I did. It was a last-minute decision," TMZ quoted Beyonce, as saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment