Sep 29, 2007

Paris Hilton to visit Rwanda to fulfill post-jail vow

Paris Hilton is planning to visit Rwanda in November this year, as a part of her post-prison commitment.


The hotel heiress said that she wants to spread awareness about the African country, where genocide is rampant and show people what they can do to help.

"I'll be going in November, after I get back from filming my movie," E! Online quoted Hilton, as saying.

"There's so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help," Hilton said of the region.

However, Rwanda is not the socialite's last stop, for she plans to visit more countries that are plagued by poverty and children's issues.

"I want to visit more countries where poverty and children's issues are a big concern," Hilton said.

"I know there's a lot of good I can do just by getting involved and bringing attention to these issues," she added.

Apart from working for noble cause, the 26-year-old is also planning to make her new Beverly Hills home more "green friendly."

"I just bought the house and haven't been able to work on it yet. But I intend to," Hilton said.

No comments:

Post a Comment