Feb 21, 2008

Madonna and Friends Get Charitable

Madonna and UNICEF teamed up for a fund raising support of Malawi

Mag55.com

She’s conquered the world of pop culture, and now Madonna is putting her time and energy into overcoming the heartbreak and tragedy experienced by orphaned children in Malawi.

The “Material Girl” hosted a celebrity-rich event on the lawns of the United Nations in New York City last night, and raised $3.7 million for two charities - Raising Malawi and Unicef.

Madge said her desire goes far above merely raising money, though. “I want to put Raising Malawi on the map. I want credibility as a philanthropic organization. I want to inspire people. I don’t want them to just write me a check - I want them to give me a piece of their heart.”

The event included a $2500-a-head dinner and a live auction hosted by comedian Chris Rock. And in the end, one night proved to make a huge difference that will last for a long time.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment