Aug 23, 2007

Rumer Willis says her parents Bruce Willis and Demi Moore have been great 'mentors'

The 19-year-old actress has avoided the Hollywood party scene because her star parents taught her to take her career seriously.


Rumer told US TV show 'Access Hollywood': "I see a lot of situations that seem to me to be lacking self-respect and a self-value where girls get drunk and they just kind of fall over each other.

"Unfortunately, when you know you're growing up and you are in this business, you don't really have the same ability to make mistakes and have it not be really detrimental.

"Honestly, it's been kind of making mistakes and figuring them out and having a lot of really great people as my mentors."

Rumer, who has landed roles in 'House Bunny' and 'From Within', says growing up in the media spotlight quickly made her realise the pitfalls of fame.

She explained: "I learned very quickly what kind of person I didn't want to be. I don't want to be somebody who doesn't take their job seriously.

"There's obviously a lot of people that want to say that I have some big trust fund. And it's so easy to judge people and put them down when you're not looking at them in the face."

The actress, who was present when police entered a hotel room and arrested a man on drugs charges last month, also insists she has learnt to distance herself from friends who could lead her astray.

Rumer said: "It's really easy to say, 'Look people are doing something that I don't like and I don't want to be around. I'm going to go.' "

News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment