Aug 18, 2007

Jessica Simpson waxes philosophical

Jessica Simpson says her divorce from husband Nick Lachey is insignificant compared to poverty in Africa.


The 27-year-old star - whose marriage to the former 98 Degrees singer officially ended in 2006 - revealed how a charity trip to Kenya made her realize what is important in life.

When asked about the 'Team Jessica' and 'Team Nick' T-shirts sold during the break-up, she told Self magazine: "I received those in the mail like it was an honor or something!

"People out there need to go to Third World countries and sit with children for a little bit."

Jessica has also revealed she is a strong advocate of the healing powers of therapy.

She said: "I believe in therapy, and I write in my journal as well."

Jessica also revealed legendary country singer Dolly Parton sent her a message of support after she forgot the words to Dolly's hit '9 to 5' during a concert in her honor last December.

The singer - whose performance was cut from the line-up when the gala aired on TV - said: "I failed. I let people down. But Dolly wrote me the kindest words. She said, 'I will always love you', and 'Don't listen to what these people are saying', and 'I can't remember those words when I sing that damn song, and I wrote it!' "
News Copyright © Sawf News. May not be reproduced without explicit written permission

No comments:

Post a Comment