Jan 22, 2008

'Michael Jackson is the most misunderstood man in the world'

Michael Jackson's UK bodyguard, Matt Fiddes, insists that the pop star is a very nice man.

He says that during the days when his mother was battling breast cancer, Jackson called her regularly to cheer her up.

"Michael must be the most misunderstood man in the world. He is such a nice guy behind closed doors,” British tabloid The Sun quoted him as saying.

"Once you get to know him, you see that - but for most people his huge international profile tends to get in the way,” he added.

Matt even says that he does not have any qualms about his children meeting Jackson, despite the child abuse allegations that have dogged the singer for years.

"During a visit to London in 2002, Michael took my stepsons, Archie and Charlie, on a shopping trip to Hamleys toy store. He's a great guy and I didn't have any problem with it,” he said.

Matt also recalled how he once dressed like Jackson in the US to deceive the press.

"Michael would come up with elaborate plans to escape the crowds. He asked me to dress up like him to distract the fans and he would sneak out the back door. ‘I had to pinch myself when I was sitting on the floor with the King of Pop eating a curry and watching Bruce Lee movies.’ He produced white socks, a military-style jacket and sunglasses for me to put on,” he said.

"The US security team of four bodyguards came with me through the front of the hotel. People were grabbing my hands and talking to me as if I was their hero,” he added.

Meanwhile, the singer snuck out the back with one bodyguar

No comments:

Post a Comment