Nov 16, 2007

Michael Jackson 'doesn't pay attention to negative press'

In an interview, the star told Ebony magazine that he has shunned the press for years because the majority of stories about his personal life are not based on facts.

Michael Jackson deals with all the negative press he gets by ignoring all that's written about him.

"In my opinion, it's ignorance. It's usually not based on fact. Every neighbourhood has the guy who you don't see, so you gossip about him," the BBC quoted Jackson, as telling the magazine.

Jackson gave the interview to mark 25 years since the release of his album 'Thriller.'

The 49-year-old singer has insisted the he has hardly changed since releasing the 1982 blockbuster album.

"That Michael is probably the same Michael here. I just wanted to get certain things accomplished first," he said.

"But I always had this tug in the back of my head, the things I wanted to do, to raise children, have children. I'm enjoying it very much," he added.

The popstar, who has sold 750 million albums worldwide, said that his success "came with a lot of pain".

"When you're on top of your game, when you're a pioneer, people come at you. But I feel grateful - all those record-breaking things, to the biggest albums, to those number ones - I still feel grateful," he said.

Jackson also insisted that he has no plans to keep entertaining when he is 80.

"Not the way James Brown or Jackie Wilson did, where they just killed themselves. I wish James Brown could have slowed down and been more relaxed and enjoyed his hard work," he said.

The magazine reported that the singer is working with Kanye West and Will.I.Am on a comeback album to be released sometime in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment