Apr 12, 2007

Avril Lavigne insists she didn't badmouth Britney

Avril Lavigne surprised a lot of people just days ago by blasting Britney Spears. Now however, she denies ever making any hurtful statements about the singer.


Lavigne was quoted by British paper The Sun as saying that Britney’s breakdown was a sign that she doesn’t have what it takes to cope with the pressures of being a star.

"What's happened to Britney is all down to who she is as a person. You can’t complain about the pressures, the paparazzi, the madness because that’s the job," the tabloid had quoted her, as saying.

However, the Canadian rocker now insists that she never, ever badmouthed Britney.

Avril told Los Angeles radio duo Valentine and Lisa Foxx that she didn’t ‘know’ Britney to comment on her.

"I didn't say that. I haven't even been talking about her. People ask me about it all the time and I go, 'You know what? I don't know her,'" TMZ.com quoted her, as saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment