Jun 2, 2008

Gwyneth Paltrow at the Cannes photocall for “Two Lovers”


It may be hard to believe, but even beautiful Hollywood actresses struggle with insecurities. Just ask Gwyneth Paltrow.

During a press junket to promote her new flick “Two Lovers” (also starring Joaquin Phoenix) at the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival, the “Sliding Doors” cutie talked about her fear that motherhood would make her obsolete as an actress in Hollywood.

“I really did not know if there would be a place for me. Jodie Foster was right, especially if you are a woman and especially if you are not 25. Hollywood is pretty cutthroat, and everybody has a short memory. There is always someone who is younger or hotter or prettier. I was very realistic of that fact there would not be room for me. I definitely knew I had lost my place.”

Paltrow credits “Two Lovers” with getting her back on track, career-wise. “It has given me a lifeline, because I had taken a long time off work. Going from being a mother at home for a long time, which was the greatest time in my life, but also feel like an artist again ... that was a gift for me.”

(Click to enlarge):

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment